To download a doc version of this sample for use, please click here
(This article is part of a bigger article – 3 Steps to writing a a Job Description )
Job Description of a Bank Manager
About the Company (Bank)
We are one of the leading Private-Sector Banks in India, consistently ranked in the top 3 by leading Industry Associations.
We believe that the ultimate identity and success of our bank will reside in the exceptional quality of our people and their extraordinary efforts. For this reason, we are committed to hiring, developing, motivating and retaining the best people in the industry.
Location – Mumbai
The Branch Manager role is challenging and multi-faceted. As branch manager, you are responsible for growing Sales, service to Customers, overseeing Operations, and complying with Regulatory and internal guidelines.
You will be managing a 30-member team, with 8 direct reports, and report to the Cluster Manager overseeing 20 branches.
Performance Objectives (9 Months – 1 Year)
A. Responsible for meeting the branch Sales target, as measured by:
1. Increase the acquisition of Current & Savings Accounts by 25%.
2. Increase the Deposit base by 25%, and the Loan disbursed by 20%.
3. Increase Fee Income by 30% (Mutual Fund & Insurance products.)
B. Ensure that Customer gets world-class services, as measured by:
1. Take branch to top 5 in region, in Mystery-Customer Survey (from the current 25th)
2. Reduce customer complaints by 30% in the first year
C. Ensure all regulatory and internal guidelines are followed, as measured by:
1. ‘Satisfactory’ or better rating in Internal and RBI Audit
2. Reduce Internal Error rates by 25%
D. Responsible for training and motivating branch staff, as measured by:
1. Achieve 80% or more in ‘Employee Survey’ on 5 key parameters for your team.
2. Reduce staff attrition in Branch by 25%.
Competencies Essential to the Job
Results Focussed: You won’t let your love of people get in the way of achieving targets.
Service Oriented: You will quickly and effectively solve Customer problems.
Meticulous and thorough: You will review and set-up processes to ensure compliance with guidelines.
Foster teamwork: You will build bonds with and between your team, nurturing relationships, and arbitrating when necessary.
Able to delegate: To maximize your team’s efficiency, you will encourage every human resource to stretch and grow.
Desired Candidate Profile
1. Someone who has worked in a Bank branch for 3 years and above.
2. Handled a medium-sized multi-disciplinary team (10+)
3. Has achieved objectives on the lines of those defined above.
References will be sought at the right time.